Hard disk drives (HDDs) are able to provide high capacity storage at a low cost, but they are challenged with providing the performance that modern business applications require. Completely replacing HDDs with solid state drives (SSDs) is usually too expensive to be practical.
Fortunately, the Intel® RAID SSD Cache 2.0 with LSI MegaRAID® CacheCade® Pro 2.0 Read/Write Caching Technology and the Intel® RAID SSD Cache Controller RCS25ZB040 powered by LSI® Nytro MegaRAID Technology are able to use high performance caching to bring flash storage performance to HDD environments.
Intel® RAID SSD Cache 2.0 with LSI MegaRAID* CacheCade* Pro 2.0 Read/Write Caching Technology
- Accelerates performance of existing HDD arrays with small upfront investment
- Read and Write caching of hot spot data for significant reduction in I/O latency
- Optimized for real-world workloads of transaction-intensive applications
- Simple, intuitive management tools to assign and manage SSD Cache pool
Intel® RAID SSD Cache Controller RCS25ZB040
Intel® RAID SSD Cache, powered by LSI* Nytro MegaRAID Technology
- Integrated boot frees up two server drive slots with mirrored boot segments on the integrated NAND
- Accelerate applications by up to 10X with caching hardware and software
- Reduce rebuild from hours to minutes and maintain high performance in degraded states
- Allows for highest performance without the need for using “write back cache” (DDR3 on the RAID card)